What can I expect when I visit ThistleRose?
You can expect a fun, honest, intimate experience at TRB with knowledgeable and friendly bridal experts who love all things weddings! Our shop represents a classic, romantic, effortless, relaxed, beautiful bride. There are so many amazing bridal boutiques in New England you will not have a hard time finding a stunning gown. It is just as important to find the perfect shop that gives you the kind of appointment you desire. The shop should have the with gowns that represent your bridal styles as well as stylists who create the bridal environment you deserve!
What are the price ranges of your shop?
· Our Made to Order Bridal collections range $1000-$3500 (average gowns $1600-$2200)
· Our Off the Rack Bridal collection is always under $1500
· Made to Order Bridesmaids collections $200- $450 (discount for maids when the bride has purchased her gown with us!)
· Mother of gowns range $250-$600
What are your hours? Do I have to make an appointment?
· We take appointments Sunday-Tuesday and Thursday-Saturday. Times vary per day. See calendar when you select “Book an appointment” on our home page.
· Yes, we are by appointment only. We are not open for walk-ins.
What should I bring?
· Comfortable, full coverage undergarments.
· A strapless bra is always helpful (especially if you feel you need the support) but not required.
· If you want to wear a slimmer on your wedding day, you’re welcome to bring one. Most brides find its not needed.
· Special bridal style shoes are optional. Keep in mind all sample gowns are cut for 5’9 so they are long!
· Feel free to bring any wedding/wedding gown inspiration.
· If you’d like a celebratory drink you may bring some. We offer some non- alcoholic refreshments.
· AN OPEN MIND! We know it sounds weird but having your stylist to choose some gowns outside your comfort zone can be surprising and amazing.
When should I start shopping for my gown?
· 10-18 months is the perfect time frame. Gowns can take 5-9 months to arrive depending on designer.
· Also remember you want 2-3 months for alterations. Just because the gowns are made to order they are not made to your measurements. You are measured and placed in a size range. Most brides have to fix things like bust, bustle, hem so give yourself time to not rush though alterations.
Speaking of alterations, do you offer alterations at ThistleRose?
We do not keep an in-house seamstress. However, we can supply you with a list of amazing seamstresses all over MA and RI.
Is there an appointment fee?
Yes, since we are by appointment only, we do charge a $25 nonrefundable fee. If you cancel your appointment within 48 hours, we are happy to refund you. If you purchase your gown with us the $25 is rolled into the cost of your gown.
How many people can you bring to your appointment?
Since we are by appointment only, we do not limit the number of guests. However, we always suggest on bringing only those who you feel will help guide you to want you love; the ones who understand your wedding vibes and personal style. Keep in mind, bridal is so individual. Sometimes to many opinions can be detrimental. Seating in the boutique is limited. We can comfortably fit up to 6 during an appointment. (Bride not included)
Just a few fun facts
-Yes, you can take pictures!
-Parking available on the street in front of the shop or across the way at the One Mansfield parking lot.
-Our appointments are 2 hours long!
ThistleRose Bridal has relocated to
25 Taunton Street in Plainville!